We may collect various types of information, including:
• Personal information such as name, address, phone number, email address, account name, company affiliation or similar identifiers
• Alarm system information such as device type, installation date, location, and usage data
• Pass phrases, security codes, or the like used to verify a person is authorized to speak with us
• Payment information such as credit card or bank account information
• Customer support information such as request history and communication
• Records of personal property, owner/renter, housing characteristics, credit score/worthiness, income level, lifestyle, products and services purchased/obtained/considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
• Browsing/search history, interactions with a website/application/advertisement, Internet protocol (IP) address, Internet service provider (ISP) information, log files, Wi-Fi bandwidth, and upload/download speeds
When configured, security cameras will send video to our monitoring site to ensure the fastest response time. Regarding the setup and viewing of video:
• Video is treated the same as any other customer information referenced herein;
• Video from cameras configured for video verification is only sent when requested and not constantly recorded;
• No video leaves your site without being triggered by an alarm or motion event;
• Verification cameras are configured so that they cannot be accessed while on site;
• No video data is sold to a third-party service;
• Video is used only by us for the specific purpose of ensuring the fastest response times.
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
• To provide and improve our services
• To process payments and prevent fraud
• To communicate with you about your account and services
• To provide customer support including troubleshooting or service inquiries
• To comply with legal obligations
• Setting up your services including establishing your account and profile
• Providing your services including responding to alarm and security events.
• Determining financing and your credit worthiness
• Contacting you regarding your service(s) and responding to your inquiries and comments
• Enhancing, improving, or modifying our websites, products, and services
• Developing new products and services
• Conducting data analysis, including fraud monitoring and prevention
• Providing marketing and promotional materials
• Customer retention, feedback, and reactivation programs
• For any other purpose with your consent
We may share information with:
• Service providers to support our services
• Law enforcement or other third parties as required by law or to prevent harm
• Persons designated in your emergency contact list and third-party emergency services providers such as police departments, fire departments, and emergency medical services to provide our services
• Our parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, or other related entities to support our business operations and to provide our services
• third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
• Other third parties with your consent
We take appropriate measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction. However, no security system is foolproof and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
We retain information for as long as necessary to provide our services or as required by law.
What State Privacy Rights You May Have
States have enacted privacy and data protection laws requiring certain disclosures and providing certain privacy rights regarding the personal information we collect, use, disclose, share, or sell. Below is a listing of such disclosures and the state specific privacy rights that you may have. We will not discriminate against you for exercising such rights.
Privacy Rights: If applicable, you may have the following rights regarding your personal information:
• The right to know and access the personal information we collect, use, disclose, share, or sell;
• The right to obtain a copy of the personal information in a portable format;
• The right to correct inaccuracies in the personal information;
• The right to request deletion of the personal information, subject to exceptions;
• The right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of the personal information;
• The right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information unless otherwise allowed by law;
• The right to be free from discrimination for exercising the above rights.
Exercising Privacy Rights
• Submitting Requests – To exercise the privacy rights stated above, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-833-4VYANET.
• Authorizing an Agent – You may also authorize an agent to act on your behalf to exercise the privacy rights stated above. To authorize an agent please provide written authorization to us at the contact information listed in the Contact Information section below.
• Verifying Privacy Requests – Upon receiving a privacy rights request we will verify the request by matching the information provided in the request to the personal information we currently have.
• Appeal Process – If we do not act on or deny your verified or authenticated privacy rights request, you may appeal our decision by submitting an appeal to email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the updated Policy on our website. Your continued use of our services after such changes indicates your acceptance of the updated Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.